December 30, 2007

2007 - A year has past


Frozen Mirror, originally uploaded by Tilman..

The year is almost over. Has it been a good one? Hard to tell, but I think I can complain.

From a photographic perspective, I wish I would have had more time to take pictures and I wish I would have a bit more variation in my pictures. Overall, even if there only have been few opportunities, I feel my image quality has improved. However I'm still not happy, but of course will I ever be? At the moment my mojo is a bit gone and I have to find some ways of motivating myself. I'm glad that I got a bit more active on Flickr and in addition found some other photographers that are willing to have a critical look at my pictures.

From a personal perspective, I definitely had my ups and downs and there has not really been any highlight(s) this year. I somehow got a bit more moody and I still don't know why. Hopefully, taking pictures can and will help me. Otherwise I'm happy the way things are. I probably would be a bit more happy if we could move back to Finland or maybe Sweden or Norway. I'm just more a scandinavian person. There is nothing really wrong with Switzerland, there actually a few reasons to be there, but when you are not really happy than it doesn't help so much. Frankly, just coming back from Stockholm and being in our cottage in Finland now, I think I have never been in that good spirits since moving to Switzerland than while I was living in Finland for 9 years and during this time I spend as well a lot of time in Sweden. Unfortunately as much as I want to, at the moment I have to be in Switzerland, but some day I'll be back up North.

I'm not yet wishing you a happy new year. There will be another post with my resolutions for 2008 tomorrow.

Photo captured by D2Xs, 17-55AFS on Lexar digital film

1 comment:

photo retouching said...

Spent a while browsing your photo blog. You have some great pictures especially the refrigerator photograph.